Mumemories iStock / Getty Images Plus

Consumer Alert Issued For Mallorca Restaurant On The South Side

Dead cockroaches along with many other health issues led to the alert

May 21, 2019 - 9:22 am
Categories: 

PITTSBURGH (Newsradio 1020 KDKA) - A consumer alert has been issued for a popular restaurant on the South Side.

The Allegheny County Health Department issued the alert for Mallorca at 2228 East Carson Street Monday.

The health department says fish was thawed in an unsafe way, prepared foods were not being cooled properly along with foods being at “unsafe temperatures”.

In addition the report says that “cross-contamination was not prevented”, there was poor personal hygiene (employee was seen eating and another was on a cell phone and neither washed their hands after) and a lack of food safety knowledge was demonstrated by employees.

The report goes on today that the employee toilet was not properly cleaned and prepared foods were not dated properly.

Two dead cockroaches were discovered in the kitchen and multiple dead roaches and one still alive were found in the basement/ dry storage room of the restaurant.

___
Follow KDKA Radio: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Listen to KDKA Radio on the Radio.com App - Download Now